My name is Rob, I’m a writer, journalist, editor, broadcaster and graphic designer based in Co.Cork, Ireland.
I’ll hopefully be adding to this properly now I’ve finally finished with student media. If you want to follow me on social media, go to @JournalistRob on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr.
- Born in Cork, Ireland in April 1994.
- Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them.
- Work as a full-time carer.
- Parent of a wonderful cat called Sandwich.
- Alumni of University College Cork (History, Greek & Roman Civilisation).
- Favourite album: Casanova, The Divine Comedy (1996).
- Favourite book: The Bell Jar, Silvia Plath (1963).
- Favourite movie: Kazuchika Okada -vs- Kenny Omega IV (NJPW Dominion 2018).
- Favourite game: TMNT IV – Turtles in Time (SNES, 1991).
- Favourite quote: “Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read” – Groucho Marx.
- I have a minor cup medal in Cricket, despite being awful at cricket.
Want to know more? Tweet at me.
For business inquiries, contact me by emailing JournoRob@gmail.com.
Want to know what I read? Here’s a list of blogs & websites I recommend you check out:
- A Smile and a Gun – a true-crime blog helmed by the incredible Lauren Mulvihill
- University Express – my alma-mater student publication
- Wrestling Observer – long-running long-form weekly anthology of professional wrestling
- Journo Resources – the one newsletter I make sure to read every week. Tips, tricks and advice on freelance journalism (mainly UK-based), ran by the wonderful Jem Collins
- Evening Echo – I’m a proud Corkonian, so wherever I am I make sure to keep track of what’s going on in the Rebel County. “D’Echo” is a wonderful daily local newspaper.
- Daily Edge – TheJournal.ie’s hip off-shoot. Highlights definitely Rachel O’Neill and Kelly Earley.
Have some suggestions for me? Shoot me a line on Twitter.
Freelance & hiring
I am currently not accepting freelance commissions. However, if you are a charity or community organisation, I am available for pro-bono copy writing, graphic design and public relations work on an infrequent basis. For inquiries, email JournoRob@gmail.com.
At the moment? No. If you wanted to support me that way, first: thank you so much! Instead of sending your hard-earned money to me, I’d recommend forwarding it to a great charity like the Cork Sexual Violence Centre.